Back to all reports

Serious flooding on lane, encroaching to home

Reported in the Flooding or standing water on road category anonymously at 11:00, Tue 1 October 2019

Sent to Warwickshire County Council 5 minutes later

Water has been building in the past two fats as at present it is so flooded it is rising into our home. The shed is under water and my mother cannot exit the house from her front steps as the road and driveway is submerged. The drains in the road in front are overflowing and backing up across our garden and house. Believe that they are blocked. Please can you send someone to rod the drains or pump the water away because any worsening of the situation could mean water inside the house.

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Warwickshire County Council has received your report which will be reviewed accordingly. There are no automatic updates to the status of this report - this is something we are working on as part of the improvements to fault reporting.

    Posted anonymously at 16:26, Tue 1 October 2019

  • Further to the flooding reported most recently, continued issues are occurring with surface water failing to drain away. I have installed new pipework through my garden, yet the issues remain. Having consulted a drainage consultant, he believes the issues are caused by surface water run off from neighbouring fields, culverts, public sewer and highway drainage. There is therefore nothing more I can do on my land to protect our home. The drainage in the broader area needs to be reviewed. I have been advised that the next step is for the County Council to conduct a drainage survey and flood risk assessment. I would like to ask you to do this. Can you let me know what the next steps are? This issue is not only putting our home at risk but it is regularly making 2 of the 3 roads into the village unusable.

    Posted anonymously at 15:48, Friday 7 February 2020

  • Further to my last message, today we have experienced further flooding, encroaching on our property And two neighbours, washing away our gravel drive and covering patio and lawn.

    Posted anonymously at 17:26, Sunday 16 February 2020

Provide an update

Please note that updates are not sent to the council. Your information will only be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Next: Tell us about you

or No personal details will be stored, and you will not receive updates about this report.

Your update

Tell us about you

Do you have a FixMyStreet password?