Back to all reports

Fallen and unsafe trees inhibiting river flow

Reported in the Flooding or standing water on road category anonymously at 08:46, Thu 1 August 2019

Sent to Warwickshire County Council 4 minutes later

Whole trees lie in the river, a new tree fell on top this week, the matter is a travesty of neglect. In light of rainfall this month the rivers need by legislation to be kept clear as part of the strategic infrastructure, to ensure efficient and capable water discharge through leamington and Warwick, this flood defence is formally recognised on the Strategic Flood Risk Assessemnt of 2013, Warwick Council are the riperian owners. But the problem remains, in addition to the fallen tree another riverside bank tree leans at progressivley greater angle out over the river. The roots of which are immediately under the river side walk, centennay way, the highway, our flood defence. This ordnanace survey map shows the map key symbols representing the 'Emscote Grardens Flood Defence', circling the estate up to the highter ground (railway embankment to east & elderly peoples homes to the west by 'Chater Bridge'). The marker icon is acuratley placed and covers the river bank circumstances at least 200m either side minimum, the tree hazard is at a WDC recognised 'low point' in the defence at this point (previous correspondance retained). This matter to date after a more than reasonable time lapsed has not been dealt with at all and for some time. Because Warwick Council have been informed previously on many occasions, unless addressed immediately the matter remains for them a shameful travesty.

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.

Provide an update

Please note that updates are not sent to the council. Your information will only be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Next: Tell us about you

or No personal details will be stored, and you will not receive updates about this report.

Your update

Tell us about you

Do you have a FixMyStreet password?