Back to all reports

Need to do something with the car parking marking or the night light in the street

Reported in the Road markings category anonymously at 21:54, Sun 7 January 2018

Sent to Warwickshire County Council 1 minute later

I am a lodger in 9 Clarendon Crescent in Leamington Spa (CV32 5NR). Several times the last two months I used to see a car (VW Golf) to be parked in the red sign of the 1st picture, which makes the passing from this specific area very difficult in the night .I was coming from my job at the night of the 4th of January, when in my effort to escape this specific car I scratched my car at the bricks of the small garden that there is in the middle of the road. As the car (see red signs in the first pictures) was legally parked, I wonder who is going to pay for my damage, since as mentioned above the passage (when a car is parked there) is narrow and difficult to be passed when the lighting is insufficient. I would advise you to come with a car in a night, following the direction of the blue narrow at the first picture (this was my direction that night) to see how difficult is when there is a car parked there and especially when the lighting (see second picture) is insufficient. I believe that you should do something about it. I am to receive you reply asap.


Catherine Tsantila

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • This is not a road maintenance issue but a problem with a obstruction due to a parked car.

    Arwickshire County Council does not have the authority to deal with vehicles parked inappropriately at this location. For assistance with a vehicle which is causing an obstruction you would need to contact the Police who have powers to take appropriate action. The Police have the authority as the Highway Code states“You MUST NOT leave your vehicle or trailer in a dangerous position or where it causes any unnecessary obstruction of the road. [Laws CSDPA sect 21 & RTRA sects 5 & 8]” In such a case they may issue a Fixed Penalty Notice or arrange removal/relocation of the vehicle.

    You make like to raise this issue with the police via your local Community Forum. Three priorities are set for Police attention at the Community Forum - for the next three months. Actions and outcomes of the chosen priorities are then reported back to the next Community Forum. Residents are welcome to attend these meetings. Please visit: Community Forums communityforums for contact details and more information about your local Community Forum.

    If you want to make a insurance claim details can be found: highwayinsuranceclaim

    This will be investigated when an claim is made as I am not sure who would be responsible for the car damage.

    Posted by county highways at 09:25, Mon 8 January 2018

Provide an update

Please note that updates are not sent to the council. Your information will only be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Next: Tell us about you

Your update

Tell us about you

Do you have a FixMyStreet password?