How can I report a pothole, street or road problem?

This web site is designed to help Warwickshire residents to report local highway faults, including potholes, directly and quickly to us by simply locating them on a map. You can do this by using your computer or your mobile phone.

Please report one problem at a time; you will be given an opportunity at the end to report another problem using the personal details previously entered.

If you are reporting an emergency please do not report it online, but ring our Customer Service Centre on 01926 410410.

What sort of problems can I report?

You can report any fault from the categories listed below that appears to be broken, dirty, damaged or dumped and needs fixing, cleaning or clearing.

  • Abandoned Vehicles
  • Bridge or Culvert defect
  • Bus Stops
  • Car Parking
  • Dog Fouling
  • Flooding or Standing Water on Road
  • Flytipping/Flyposting
  • Graffiti
  • Gully or Manhole defect
  • Hedges / Trees on Rights of Way
  • Hedges / Trees on Road or Verge
  • Japanese Knotweed / Ragwort
  • Obstruction or hazard on Road
  • Potholes
  • Rights of Way
  • Road Markings
  • Road Signs
  • Road Works Problem
  • Skip on Road / Verge
  • Street Lighting
  • Street Nameplates (same as national Fixmystreet)
  • Traffic Lights
  • Trunkroad or Motorway defect

Although Warwickshire County Council isn't responsible for the maintenance of all things listed in the categories an email will be sent to the appropriate organisation. This will contain the details of your fault report.

Uploaded photos and locations from your smart phone or tablet, in particular, can greatly assist our Highways department in determining pothole repair priorities.

The level of response is dependent on the location, size and risk the pothole poses to public safety. This may result in the pothole either being repaired within 28 days if it is identified as a safety risk; or being repaired as part of other programmed works; or being monitored as part of the routine inspections programme as the risk to public safety is not sufficient to merit any immediate action.

What isn't it for?

The web site is not a way of getting in touch with the council for all issues - please use it only for problems highlighted above. As we often route problems via our cleansing services or highways departments, using the site for other matters may result in a delay in your report getting to the right people.

You will need to contact the county council directly for:
  • Any urgent or emergency problems
  • Complaining about the council
  • Any proposals for speed bumps, pedestrian crossings or new road layouts etc.

How do I use the reporting tool on the site?

After entering a postcode or location, you will then be presented with a map of that area. You can then view problems already reported in that area, or report any one of your own simply by clicking on the map at the location of the problem.

How are the problems solved?

They are reported to us automatically. We then resolve the problem the way we normally would. We are planning for updates to appear automatically however, this will not be available on this initial version. We are gathering feedback for further development of this reporting tool. If you have any suggestions, please email fmstest@warwickshire.gov.uk.

What does the map show?

The map shows all faults submitted online. You can view the exact location of each fault and see its current status.

What updates will I receive?

When you record a fault you can sign up to receive updates and you will receive an initial email to acknowledge the report.

You will then receive an email every time that fault is updated. This could be when a member of the public posts an update onto the fault or when we post a status update.

All of these updates will also be posted on the mapped fault so that anyone can see the status of any fault recorded by clicking on it on the map.

Can I report a fault on my mobile?

Yes, you can view our website on your phone or tablet and it will automatically adapt to the size of your screen.

Inappropriate use

Warwickshire County Council is not responsible for the content and accuracy of material submitted by its users. Warwickshire County Council will monitor this website for instances of inappropriate use, and reserves the right to moderate comments if such instances occur.

Why does the site use kilometres for measurements?

The maps are from Ordnance Survey who based their grid reference system on measurements in metres and kilometres.


This site was built by mySociety, in conjunction with the Young Foundation. FixMyStreet is the project of a registered charity mySociety which has grown out of the community of volunteers who built sites like TheyWorkForYou.com. mySociety's primary mission is to build Internet projects which give people simple, tangible benefits in the civic and community aspects of their lives. Their first project was WriteToThem, where you can write to any of your elected representatives, for free.

You can find out more about FixMyStreet at www.fixmystreet.com.